I live in Las Vegas, Nevada, daily discovering what it means to live an essential life. The broad strokes of what I’m doing this year (2017) are…
- enjoying every microsecond of being present with my “pack”
- growing through tiny changes
- using my skills and talents to help people around me accelerate their growth
You can read more about it by checking out my three themes for 2017.
In my day-to-day, I’m focusing on…
- Being present with Jackie (my wife), Elle (my bugaboo), Tag & Belle (our two pups)
- Basking in this glorious season of being a new dad
- Maintaining/contributing to the software that makes the Walmart request/response lifecycle faster and more perfomant using the Go language
- Learning to use Emacs to be a more effective software engineer
- Reading books
- Writing about distributed teams, productivity and general software practices
- Investing time and energy in helping those around me attain an essential life
I’m incredibly happy where I am in life: watching my little girl experience the newness of life, loving on my wife, learning a ton and building high throughput distributed software for fun (and getting paid to do it!).
I try to keep this page updated regularly, so be sure to keep checking back if you’re curious what I’m up to!